Can I drink Crystal Light while pregnant?

I know this a dumb question, but I am getting a little tired of only water all day long and I have some Cherry Pomegranate Crystal Light Immunity with Antioxidants and was wondering if it is safe? It says it 's vitamin enhanced, but I was just wondering. LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd keep it to a serving a day. I'm wary of artificial sweeteners.it's not like they're gonna feed it to pregnant women to see if it causes birth defects,so who knows? KWIM?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It's fine, in moderation. I drank it during my pregnancy....and as far as artifical sweeteners, being a diabetic i put 2 splenda's in my coffee every morning, even when pregnant and I had no complications nor did either of my kids have any defects or anything wrong with them. I can understand being wary of long term effects....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• crystal lite has artificial sweeteners.
    I always say when your pregnant, or otherwise....the PURER...the BETTER! So, why not make some fresh lemonaide or juice from concentrate? Nobody said all you had to drink was water.....right?...I hope not! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it depends on weather or not you believe that artificial sweeteners cause cancer-- if you believe it I'd say No if you dont believe it go ahead and drink away-- but to help with your tired of water thing way not have some OJ-- it if full of folic acid and lots of other vits good for you and your baby-- or how about the no sugar added other fruit juices like cranberry or just plain AJ?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Crystal Light has the artificial sweetner Aspartame. It's not good to have pregnant or not. I cut out diet pepsi just for that reason. I'd stay away from it, just to be on the safe side, but it's up to you. In moderation it should be fine. Ask your doctor at your next visit.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i am with the moms that say artificial sweetners are not good for you.have you tried squeezing lemon and or lime into your water? organic or homemade lemonade is a better choice. cancer is not the only worry from aspartame...you can google it!
    water is really best...pregnant or not!
    congrats on your pregnancy!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010