Does having a mini van really help stop kids from fighting?

Someone with a mini-van posted that they loved having a mini-van because they can put each child in a separate row and they wouldn't fight. I would think having one child behind the other would give them the advantage and would only cause more issues. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL I have a minivan and the kids fight MORE than they do when they have to ride in the backseat of Dad's car! There's more room to throw things, more room to hide sister's toy, more room to move around, they can kick the back of the middle seat. I can't tell you how many times I've had to pull over and straighten the kids around, something that never happens in the car.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The thing is, you can put them in seperate rows on OPPOSITE sides of the vehicle. Besides, even if they are one behind the other...they are supposed to have seat belts on which inhibits their ability to annoy one another. Yes, as far as fighting in the car, it works
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have a mini van and my kids have 'assigned' seats--- the little one is still in a carseat and he sits right behind the driver, the 13yr old sits on the bench seat next to the little one (although sometimes he will sit up front) and the middle child sits in the back on the driver's side. They all still manage to pick and fuss at each other sometimes, but not as much as when they were squashed together in the backseat of the car.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• oh man, i just bought a van and it got WORSE!
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010