Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a Dad apply or deduct from child support? (Yet he still is doing his part to help support the children/teens)

If a father has to pay cs once a month and say that is all he is paying but when things come up like low funds in their lunch account or something else that requirers him to pay for it. Can he deduct that much off the cs?
Ex: If the teen gets a ticket and dad has to pay for it he can add an extra something towards the cs..right? Or maybe deduct what he is paying?

Hope this makes sense I just feel that woman is just taken advantage from us.
We are kind and civil people but when she pushes our buttons OMG we still try to stay calm...aaarrgg


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (2)
  • No child suport is nothing comparted to what it costs to raise kids

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • The father is only obligated to pay the amount of child support set by the court. If the child got a ticket, it's the child's responsibility to pay the ticket not the parents. As for lunch money, the parent that the child lives with should be responsible for covering lunch - this is one of the expenses that should be paid from child support recieved.
    The court is not going to make your husband pay these extra expenses. If his ex has a problem with it than that's her problem. She would have to take him back to court for it and probably wouldn't get it unless there has been significant changes in finacial circumstances.

    Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.