Should I be concerned if I have no morning sickness?

I'm trying not to stress about it too much, but it still makes me a little worried that I have no morning sickness. I am almost 8 weeks along in my 2nd pregnancy and I am not that nauseous at all. Which is pretty weird, considering with my first pregnancy, I was sick for at least 2 months and lost 9 lbs from not being able to keep anything down. I don't want to be sick, but it just makes me concerned. I just had an ultrasound 3 days ago and the baby was perfectly fine, too. I guess I just read that most women who have miscarriages didn't have morning sickness and that scares me.
I have a boy, so maybe I'm having a girl or something...maybe that could be why I am feeling totally different with this pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Having morning sickness generally means that you have less chance of miscarrying, and the sicker you are the lower your chances. BUT, not having morning sickness doesn't mean that you will miscarry. I had practically no symptoms, and not even a hint of morning sickness, with my first, and I had a full-term pregnancy and a perfectly healthy baby. I think the link between morning sickness and miscarriage is meant to be more of a comfort to moms going through morning sickness than a scare tactic for moms who aren't sick. If everything looks find, then I'm sure it will continue to be so. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. And maybe you'll get it later in the pregnancy...I have heard of women who don't get anything until 12 or 13 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• morning sickness is not a mandatory LOL it really means nothing--

it could be your diet is better this time then the first time--what I mean is this you may get nausea and vomiting initially from "new hormones" floating around but it starts a viscous cycle-- the drs then tell you to eat lite (crackers and clears right?--) yeah that is WRONG bad info-- you should eat a high protein diet b/c you loose it with vomiting it stats to drop-- low protein causes severe NV with or out without a pregnancy and now you are in a nasty cycle
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• nope. i didn't have morning sickness or vomiting with my first pregnancy. with my second pregnancy, i was pretty nauseous and vomited every day from like 8 to 15 weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Don't stress mama! Count your lucky stars you've managed to escape the wrath of morning sickess this time around! I have 3 girls, and with all of them i've had terrible morning sickness. I lost 12 pounds with my first, 9 with my second, and with my third, I lost more weight than I gained. I believe at the peak of weight loss, it was about 19-20 pounds with her. I'm now 13 weeks pregnant with #4, and not sick AT ALL! Baby is perfectly healthy! We've seen and heard the heart beat via u/s at 6 and 11 weeks, and heard it via doppler at 12 weeks 3 days. And only being 8 weeks, it has plenty of time to catch up with you! lol. Although I do hope that you can enjoy your pregnancy without having to deal with the morning sickness monster!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I never had morning sickness in either of my pregnancies. Consider yourself lucky like I did : )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My SIL never had morning sickness for either of her girls. She had perfect pregnancies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• No, you should be thankful and consider it a blessing.
    NewJoyOn1308

Answer by NewJoyOn1308 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I never had morning sickness with either of my kids.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Be thankful. Actually it should be fine. With my first two I was so sick, I lost weight, I needed Rx meds to keep anything down (and I still felt sick I was just able to keep down some things and fluids). But with my third I had very little to no nausea and only was sick once or twice. All three boys are healthy normal kids - driving my crazy this morning!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2010