Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can we do beside go back to court? (Stepmoms Only)

My dh's ex can really be mean to us...I am sure we are not the first but when she needs the money she demands it (I don't like that part) Well even though it is our business where the child support goes but then again it is not in her stupid mind it isn't even though only God knows what she does with it I understand food, shelter, clothing, blah blah blah....but all this extra stuff c'mon she works and her dh works the kids are in their teens but yet she ask for more money...what the heck!!! Is she not making enough for themselves to make ends meet or what? We have a family of our own :(
It's tough...
How do you ladies get through it???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (6)
  • My sister is in the same boat. Her husband will not speak up about it, he is a wimp that won't stand up and say enough is enough. The ex wife screws them over at every turn, and it sucks for them. But my advice to her is the same advice I will tell you. Suck it up Buttercup. You married him knowing he had other kids. I highly doubt that the ex waited until after you were married to make unreasonable demands, so you had plenty of warning about the mess you were entering into. It is none of your business what she spend the child support money on, it is expensive to raise kids.
    Unless your dh is willing to go back to court and get a list of things she can ask for money for then there isn't much else to do, but pay it, or refuse and let her decide if it is worth going to court over.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Don't give her more money, just pay the cs that was ordered and if she wants more, make her take him to court.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Thank you SleepingBeautee that is what I have been doing this far 12 yrs. later but damn you  would think she would have left us alone already just get your check woman and leave us alone it's like she feels she has to pop in and out in our lives.

    Oh I like the advice part where you say "Suck it up, Buttercup" cute :)

    I do say suck it up alot but now it will be


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • you guys can take turn getting the needs. one month her one month you guys. idk. be creative.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • She could take you to court to make him pay. Would that be a better situation? My ex has to pay 75% of my kids "extraordinary expenses" which includes any school trips, extracurriculars (including the fees, uniforms, etc) and anything else I end up paying for that is not a "typical" expense for them (ie my daughter had to have an EEG due to complaining about heart pains - he had to pay 75% of what insurance didn't cover). So if she's paying for anything over and above "typical" expenses then I think your dh should share in the cost of that.

    Answer by missanc at 5:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • It is NOT your business where the child support goes. As long as the kids needs are being met it does NOT matter which money it comes out of....My exs GF used to pull the shit of 'well you went shopping with the child support blah blah blah'... yeah well thats cuz you waited 6 months to pay it and DH and I paid for all the bills food clothes and extras for DS during that time so I needed new shoes and CS was considered "extra" in our budget because it was so unpredictable! If he agreed to pay a portion of extras he is responsible for that until the kids are grown and he is no longer legally responsible for CS, not until they are teenagers. Also teens are the most expensive, when you are feeding teens and paying all the sports and school fees you will see.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.