What the heck is his problem???

I want to go see my parents whom I haven't seen is 5 yrs. My dh has told me over and over he would take me and the kids that day has never came.
So I told him maybe me and kids could drive up there ourselves..He said oh hell no suppose something was to happen then what How am I suppose to get to you fast.
I am like well I am sure we'll be fine but I know what you are saying "what if" but I still have to take that chance..He is like nooo I don't think so..

We have cell phones, GPS, I mean what else other than to make pit stops or maybe just get gas, stretch and that is it especially if everything is checked before we leave.

So what do you think?
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I would go if he doesn't want to that is his choice
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 9:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I think you should get AAA and then go. Tell him if he can't get the time off you will just go without him. Tell him you are an capable person and are able to make decisions if something bad comes up. Tell him that if you have AAA you won't be stranded or anything, so there is nothing to worry about.
    Is he just being controlling? Does he not like your parents? Or do you think it is because he really is afraid something bad will happen?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• how far away does your family live? i would be very inclined to do it... but i'm single. HAHAHA! if you take all the necessary precautions, i don't see a problem with it. maybe you could set a date and say, "clear your schedule honey, we're going!"
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OP here thanks ladies.

It's 10 hours away and for some reason he says my mom makes him feel uncomfortable I mean I can understand his point bc she does make people feel uneasy I have talked to her about this and she doesn't care as long as she sees her kids and grandkids the hell with everybody else :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Are you over 18? Then tell him that either he takes the time to take you or you're going without him. If your mother makes him uncomfortable, then why do you want him along anyway? If you were single, you'd have to do it on your own.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• um... thats very immature on your mother's part. she is pretty much saying that she doesn't care. your husband is now your family. if she doesn't care enough to at least try to make him feel comfortable, i wouldn't be going. thats her choice. honestly, i would make them come see me. lol. if they want to be that way, then i would have a place for my SO to be able to retreat.

gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 12:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010