Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

If your ex was paying cs but you have always put funds in the child lunch account but then you heard they went on a long trip, would you stop putting funds in the childs account bc you are hoping the dad puts funds in there.
So my question is...would you actually let your kids go with out lunch money just bc your hoping he does put money in the account...I mean how childish is this?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Either way I still stand by what I said, it is very childish and dad pays CS to cover these things. The mom either needs to pay for it out of the CS, her own money, or send them with a lunch if that is cheaper. And if mom feels that dad has more money, and she really wants more of his money, then she should take him to court, at which time should would likely be disappointed to find that he's not making more money than was said, also I would assume at this time of year that the extra money for a trip was from taxes. So she has no right to that money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Very childish, get your kids lunch!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Very, you get CS and that covers all the expenses that the courts feel he HAS to pay for. Paying for lunches would be nice of him, but not required by law. So just use the CS to pay for the kids lunches or send them with lunches if that's cheaper.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Thank you ladies but I am not this person I am actually the stepmom I guess she heard we went on this trip all of sudden we are loaded with cash atleast this is how I am guessing.  Why doesn't she do what she used to do why make things so complicated....aarrgg!!!


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2010