you are going to Disney World and you are on PA.

If you get food stamp; you should not go to disneyWorld. People have their priority all wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I also feel if you are on food stamps that you shouldn't be smoking. But we have no control over what choices others make so, oh, well. Their life not ours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• So, I can't use my tax refund to give my poor kid a treat? Even if I make so little throughout the year that I qualify?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would think that if you were needing food stamps that means that money is tight and if money is tight then you should be saving your tax refund or such. To kids a regular park can be as exciting as a playground. It is a parent's own guilt that makes them feel that they have to take their children on a vacation or they won't be happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• just sounds like someone is peeved that they can't get on it and get a free hand out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You think someone is jealous because they aren't on welfare
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• That's like the lady from Housing that drives an Escalade car, has a real coach bag and has a 2 kt ring. It is really unfair. I never knew about section 8 and gov't handouts until my man worked for them . How one generation after another abuses and uses the system is just speechless. Meanwhile, I see hard working people with forclosed homes killing themselves trying to make ends meet. It is such a joke. Even if you work, your wages get garnished from the mortgage co.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• haha, my disney world trip was free. best week ever!
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• What if the child is going because of Make A Wish? You know, the group that makes wishes come true for terminally ill children, or children who were survivors of cancer, etc? Yeah, take that away from those kids, just because they're on PA...that's great.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Seriously? Get over it! Just because a family needs a little help doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to enjoy life! How do you know a family member didn't give them money specifically for them to take a trip? Or how do you know they haven't been trying to save, little by little, to give their kids something a little bit extra?

Yes, some people take advantage of government assistance, but the majority of people really do need it. They work hard and are doing what they need to do for their families.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• why is that even an insult? LOL. you people crack me up.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2010