For those that live at home?

I live at home with my parents and don't have much privacy or feel comfortable bringing the guy I'm seeing home "for the night" what do you do when you want to have a little fun with no where to go?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 10:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• can you go back to his place or does he live at home too? i know that has to be hard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• He's in between places and sleeping on a friends couch right now, not ideal obviously. Hopefully he'll get a place soon, but until then we have no where private to go even to just hang out.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 10:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am on the other side of your question... I am the "parent" with a 27 yr old DD home & 2 g-kids. My DD has asked this question to us and NO she did not like our answer. But frm the other side of your coin. It isn't your house! As I've told my DD, if she has been dating "the guy" for quite some time, then we will consider it, also after we get to know him. It is OUR house. If she wants all the adult privledges of being single, she can move somewhere when she can use these. Believe me, we no longer have privacy either which means the single half doesn't get that either. But as far as I am concerned we have OUR things in our house. I'm not taking a chance on a fly by night knowing about all us. I find it just disrespectful to your parents. But..depending on how your own parents are... my DD understands our situation now and respects it. As I told her...we will support her, but we want her on her own as much as she does
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am currently living with my parents. My boyfriend stays here with me, we are pretty much living together. We are getting our own place. I approached this with my mom, b/c I didn't like staying out half the night with him to have any "alone" time, but I felt disrespectful to just "do it". I fully expected to be told no, if not by her, than by my dad, who is very old fashioned. However, they knew that my boyfriend and I are very serious in our relationship, and that this was not just a sex based relationship. There are some ground rules, such as no showering together (which we wouldn't anyway, since we have kids), and stuff, but we all manage to make it work. Before that, we would either get a room somewhere, which got rather expensive rather quickly, or we would go to his truck (he drives an 18 wheeler).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My dh and I, along with my daughter lives with my mother. MY father is a truck driver, so my dh and I have 4 bedrooms that are ours and our children and my parents have 1 bedroom, then we split the rest of the house, which there is two living rooms so we really only share the washer/dryer room and the kitchen. We pay half the mortgage and utilities. I am also married so I am allowed to be int he house like it is mine.
    MommyB2010

Answer by MommyB2010 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• To gr mom that's why I said I don't want to bring him to where I live. Not my home not my space. I'm looking for alternatives without spending 70 on a hotel for a few hours.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 11:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• well before we got our apartment we used to go to parks or fields lol and when we wanted to be intimate we just used our cars, very cramped but hey you make it work, and some parks there is no one there especially at night lol. Make sure those windows are tinted though
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm living with my teenaged sisters and their father, he's kind of overbearing at times and doesn't like my boyfriend. At all. So I don't EVER get to have him over here. I know how you feel, but unfortunately, I haven't found a viable solution to my problem, except to just suck it up and go to his place to spend time with him.
    JennHa

Answer by JennHa at 5:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010