Do any of you hubby's feel like they are living and walking on eggshells when it comes to child support?

I mean I know this couple where the ex wife is just taking them to the cleaners and leaving them with not much to live on. I mean if they were to go to court...Is it expensive to go to court? Idk?
I mean like in our case she does this to us often and I hate that my dh gives in to her bc he doesn't want to pay more money than what we are already (I can understand that part) but I hate that she has this over our heads I just want us to breathe alittle easier instead of kiss her ass all the time or saying yes mam anything else mam (well u no what I mean) I mean if we let her take us to court would she end up paying for it or us? If so I'd rather just stay right where we are at.
Tell me what you think thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You shouldn't have to pay any court costs to go to court over child support. You can just go to your local courthouse and request to have the support re-evaluated. In most states it is a percentage of the father's income so unless your husband makes less than he used to it won't help and if he makes more it will surely hurt. I know this situation from both sides. I receive support for my DD and my husband pays support for my SD. We have it taken out of his check every week so we don't have to deal with it. She gets her money and there is no discussion about it which makes all of our lives easier.
    Anonymous