Passing out... :(

Im 31wks. I have passed out three times in the last week. First time was when i was having my 30wk sono,.assumed it was from the pressure of the baby. Then once when i was just going about my normal household things. And the last time was yesterday at my fathers easter dinner. I had just ate dinner and was talkijg to my sister, next thing i know theres my whole family standing over me and it sounded like they were talking under water, i dont know why this keeps happening. I called my dr and she just says its normal to be lightheaded blah blah. My gut tells me otherwise. Should i just go to the hoslital or hope my dr is right? Iv been taking more iron like they said to so i dont think think thats the problem anymore. Im just a little worried. My other two children were both born around 35/36wks so im starting to panic that this ones telling me its about time... :(

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would get a second opinion if you feel that your doctor is taking it too lightly.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• What has your blood pressure been lately? The most common reason for passing out is low blood pressure. I passed out a few times with my 3rd pregnancy and my BP was low. Some things will make it drop even lower like getting hot or moving your head too fast and then the sudden drop will cause you to faint. If your BP has been a little low then there is no reason to be concerned about the fainting.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My mom passed out alot when she was pregnant with me from being lightheaded. I was born at 38 weeks and I'm the second of 3 kids. Rest assured you're probably fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i also wouldn't worry too much. i haven't fainted but i have had to sit down a lot because i felt like i was about to faint. but i do think fainting is pretty normal. maybe that's why pregnant ladies on old movies were always passing out. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Have your blood pressure checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My BP is always around 117 or 120ish. Anything else other then BP?
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• 117 can be considered low during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Take into consideration that if you're hot and turn your head too fast then your BP could drop into the 90's, then I think BP is your trouble. I ran around 115 with my 3rd, but BP would bottom out and cause light headedness and fainting from time to time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i would get a second opinion. this can't be normal. i have very low blood pressure and never get lightheaded. i get adjusted weekly.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010