My heart,my child,my love,my only son..called me the "B" word!!!!

You give your children the world. You change your life,you love them with all your heart and soul. You'd give them the skin off your back,the blood from your very own veins,your very own beating heart if need be and what do they do?!?! They break your heart!!I can not believe the word came from his lips. I can not believe he directed it at me, his mommy,his best friend.I am so hurt by this.It happened this past Friday evening.He is a preteen.He wasn't listening to me as I repeated to him to please go clean his room.Finally about after the 10th time of me asking him to please go pick his room up,we have guests coming over...he stomped up the stairs and yelled down,"BITCH!"I was so shocked. My heart was torn in half.He has never called me out of my name before.
Has this ever happened to any of you? HOw did you deal with it?How did you react? What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was just checking the tween site for answers because my 9 yrs ol daughter said I was like Cinderella's Evil StepMother this weekend. I feel the same way! Crushed that my sweet, loving girl would say something mean to me. She had been reading a book about the evil charaters in Disney stories. So I told her unless she wanted to see what Ursula (little Mermaid monster lady) looked like, she better never call me that again. I told her that was rude, and disrepectfull, and that it hurt my feelings. I was just pulling up to her friends house, so I told her to get out, and go inside and write me a sorry letter. I had to take a drive as I was too mad, and hurt to not really lay into her. She definately got the idea, not ok to call mom a "name. I think I like the post about the chores, she doesn't do any, maybe a taste of what Cinderella really had to do would give her an idea of what work really is in life.
    ally418

Answer by ally418 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It has not happened to me (my kids are 2 & 3) but if/when it does i would like to think i would react in a calm manner and wash out his mouth! He is doing it for the shock factor, they start young (the shocking thing not swearing) and i don't think it ever stops. I still do some things to shock my parents, but i don't swear at them. I wish you luck and patience!
    queentokemi

Answer by queentokemi at 10:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I agree... if you don't do something about it NOW you will be sorry. That is an utter lack of respect for his mother! There is NEVER a reason for him to speak to you like that. Not exactly sure what I would do, but it deserves quick, stern consequences.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I hope you diciplined him right away. I would let him know how that hurt you and then remove take away his game system or whatever he enjoys the most. I would also let his father know, so that he can get after him too. I know my husband would freak out on my son if he ever called me that. I good smack across the face wouldn't hurt him either. Just be harsh on him, don't let him get away with it.
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• When I was 14 I told my dad to **ck Off and he punch me in the gut. It hurt so hard I thought i would die... I never did it again.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I called my Mom a "B" at every turn when I was a teen. Not saying it's right... but I did it. Def punish him and explain to him the way it made you feel. Maybe he's one of those kids that is more hurt by disappointment than punishment. Whatever you do, be consistent. Maybe it'll make you feel better to know that he really didn't mean it. I said it all the time and it was simply out of anger b/c I didn't really know any other way to express my feelings when I was mad.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would have laughed at him and told him if he though I was a bitch before, then he was in for a surprise. Then I would tell him if it ever happened again, he would not like the consequences. Then I would wait and be ready for it to happen again. If/when it did, I would tell him, I am such a bitch because I have too much work to do and now he gets to help take some of the weight of my shoulders.
    I would give him a list of chores, the worst I could thing of, cleaning the toilet with his bare hands, scrubbing the bathroom floor with a toothbrush...you get the gist... and then I would stand over him until he got them done. Everytime he complained I would add another chore. I would give him enough for him to be busy all day working. Wen he was done, I would tell him it will be worse the next time he calls me a bitch and that you would love for him to test you on it. The key is to be firm and on the verge of mean.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If you let him know how much it hurt you, he will push it and treat you even worse. Nip it in the bud NOW!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i am from new orleans i am 17 my name is janika when my cuzin son cuss at his mama and daddy dey whrop him he is only 4 and he is bad wen i say he cuss he cuss he be saying all kinds of stuff
    7thward_gurl

Answer by 7thward_gurl at 11:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• and i am always cussing too i have a 3 1/2 yea i noe i am yung buh dats again'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2010