What strange things have you found when moving into a new place?

It seems like everytime I move I find some odd little things that the previous residents left behind. We just recently moved, and in cleaning out cabinets I found a Christmas ornament, a TOOTH (human molar), and a blue pill, which my husband thinks might be Viagra. When we moved into our old house I found some prenatal vitamins and a stolen road sign. I think the tooth is the strangest and creepiest.

What "treasures" have you found when moving into a new place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't consider this a treasure, but when we moved into our house my Husband was in the attic with the cable installer and they found a game of Pornopoly.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've found a few baking dishes left in the kitchen before and a small vaccuum. That was nice!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We actually did find a "treasure". Turns out the lady who lived here before us was a very talented artist and left quite a few paintings behind! I love them!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We used to own a home built in the 40s and sold it to a friend a few years back. We talked to him after he remodelled the basement, and he asked us if we might have left a very graphic smut novel in one of the walls. HA HA!! We figure some teen probably lived down there long ago and they uncovered his stash.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• In one place I moved into, I found an old box camera. In another, we actually found an old amber glass baby bottle partially buried in the woods. I also found a jar of mayonnaise that looked like it might've been from the WWII era because it looked like peanut butter! BLECK!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• when we bought our home in MS in 06 the house had been owned by two nurses who were drug dealers and hated each other. needless to say, the house was a mess. are you ready??
    6-50 gallon drums filled with meth making supplies
    vials and vials of meds and syringes
    a trampoline that had been cut into 2 inch pieces
    a dead dog in the yard and 5 dead roosters
    a stolen dirt bike
    1/4 mile of stolen water hose from the fire dept.

a stolen deer stand and drop feeder
    a sump pump
    a toilet filled with spit tobacco
    an attic filled with ALL of their baby stuff and christmas stuff
    spaghetti stuffed in every electrical outlet
    and a picture of the mother in law with a knife stuck in it
    Just to name a few things................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I found this really old measuring tape that counts the feet and inches... so instead or say 11,12,13,14, it says 1ft 1,2,3,2ft, 1,2,3
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wow, jewjewbee - I hope you got a good deal on the house due to the mess you had to clean up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We found a used condom in one of the apartments we viewed. We were like Uhhh...no!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We found a 3 year old gallon of milk in the fridge! It had bloated up to almost busting and was grey,black,and green! I put it in 4 garbage bags to throw it out. Who forgets their milk in the fridge for 3 YEARS???
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2010