Why are MILs such

@$$wipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine isn't. I love mine. She's an absolute sweetheart. She helps me so much without thinking she's going to get anything in return. She's always welcomed me with open arms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Lol mine can be a pian, but she isn't so bad anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Mine is nice
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 10:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Not all are. Who knows your MIL may wonder the same thing about YOU!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My MIL is a wonderful lady. She is very unique. I love her as if she were my own mother. I have had a couple of problems with things she says to me and to my husband, but I bite my tongue because it isn't worth us fighting. My MIL has told me how my DH's ex still loves and cares for him and she knows my dh feels the same. She has told my DH that he is wrong for going for custody of his own daughter, even though the mother is a drug addict and those two things are all she has offended me with.
    MommyB2010

Answer by MommyB2010 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've never met mine, lol.

Maybe she's a protective mother who thinks that nothing is good enough for her son. Maybe she's just miserable with life in general.
    Some people just suck.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Good lord I don't know! I have been married twice and been stuck with the largest of a$$wipes both times. My current MIL is just a crazy wench and I'm glad she lives on the opposite coast!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Good question. Can't let go and grasp that their sons are grown men and don't need a mommy wiping their ass when they get married?

And to the snotty comment that maybe her MIL thinks the same about her - she probably does because she is jealous her son grew up and got married, which is more disgusting than I want to think about. So she does what all nightmare MIL's do. She causes problems and makes everyone miserable. It says a lot about you that is the horse you want to back.
    Anonymous

• I wish I had a MIL. At least you have one to annoy you. My DH lost his mother when he was 10 years old!
    Anonymous

• i dont know i had trouble with mine for 3 yrs and then she finaly is nice to me, i think it was becouse of my stepson lying to her.she was also mean to mine and hubbys chid at first wouldnt buy her anything and buy the boy everything,she still is kind of nutty sometimes.
    Anonymous