You blow your nose on a piece of tissue, do you throw it away in the trash or toss it in the toilet?

I know, weird question,lol.
But I've been sick lately and blowing my nose is a constant these days.And every time I go to toss the tissue, I wonder to myself which would be worse or better? To add garbage to the land fills or add garbage to the sewer system?
lol, told you it was a weird question, maybe I ahve too much thinking time on my hands these days,LOL.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It goes in the trash. When I was a kid, there was a commercial that showed some cartoon bunny or something, blow his nose and then toss it in the toilet. Then, the big red circle with a slash through it came up and said "Don't throw trash in the toilet." Then, the bunny (or whatever it was) threw the next tissue in the trash, and smiled. Cartoon bunnies wouldn't mislead us.

Answer by Pnukey at 12:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Trash. Although in the winter, I put them in the fire.

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Trash lol

Answer by khf22 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I went to the waste treatment plant in college, it was the nastiest place I have ever been... the smell was horrifying!

Anyway when I was there they said never to throw anything that wasn't toilet paper in the toilet. Even 'flushable" wipes don't break up like they should. They said kleenex, and paper towels don't break up and clog up the equipment. So to answer the question, I always put kleenex in the trash can. If you are worried about the environment, you could switch to cloth hankies :D

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I hate when my hubby throws it in the toilet but doesn't flush. I put it in the trash.

Answer by BlooBird at 10:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• LOL I do either or down stairs if I blow obviously it would be in the trash, but if I were in the bathroom sometimes I throw it in the toilet and sometimes in the trash can.

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010