first anniversary

i am racking my brain trying to think of something to get my husband for our first anniversary and i can't think or find anything. all this traditional mess is paper, pansies or gold. some things even said write a poem... seriously?! that's stupid!! UGH! that's old tradition that should die! i hate traditions like that. we can't go anywhere bc of his job. we can't even get a hotel for the night bc by the time he got off work, we dropped the kids off it would be 5 or 6pm and we have to go pick them up before 10 the next morning so that is a total waste. i'm so upset bc his sales manager is ruining it bc he won't let him have the day off! help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OK. You can still save your anniv sweets.

LOL.
    For one, HOW OLD ARE YOUR KIDS? ? ? ? ? ? ?

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• 7 months & 3 years, little and no we def don't want to take them with us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Right, I agree. I wouldn't either.

What about having someone watch them while you go out to dinner/movie (Whatever your planning to do)

Then when you pick them up get home and get them in bed. You could start your romantic evening ;)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my MIL is going to watch them but we don't want them here at all. dinner just isn't good enough for us. not after the last 4 years and the struggles we've faced. he missed the birth of his own, first biological son bc of the drs. we fought a nasty nasty custody/ child support battle with my son's sperm donor and many other things. so dinner just isn't enough, a few hours just isn't enough. and aunt flow is in town so none of "that" either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Oh shit. Damn girl you just keep getting obstacles.

Question, won't your Mil watch them at her house ?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yeah hon you deserve like a weekend away LOL.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it just sucks that he gets up at 2am every day for work, gets home by 3pm and by the time we'd drop the kids off it's 5 or 6pm and we have to be back to pick them up before 10am the next morning. nothing is working out like we wanted or hoped or even planned thanks to this jackass sales manager!! before the douche refused to give him the day off we had planned on getting a hotel in downtown, brand new, really swanky. walking the streets of downtown, going to a few upscale bars and restaurants now that's shot to hell bc of him! 

crying

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yea she watches them at her house but we still have to be there before 10 am to pick them up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yeah I'd say. That sounded like fun- you two are more creative than me and my Dh. Well, this isn't what your going to want to hear but what if you wait until his day off to go? I mean, you all could do some celebrating today of course, but having your Grand Finale on his day off. Those sound like great plans. And no you shouldn't have to postpone but maybe its the best thing so you can enjoy your 1st anniv. to the fullest???

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Why can't she extend LOL.
    khf22