Preterm labor. Can you force it?

if you do to much walking just over do your normal things or even having sex offten between 30-35weks,.could you end up accedently starting labor? Not that we want that by no means! Im just asking if you cant possibly slow down (being a sahm for more then 60+ hrs a week alone) am i risking actually starting labor? Or just possible anoying pains of over stressing my belly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you have had a normal pregnancy those normal activities are fine. and the only time sex can cause labor is when your cervix is ripe and then the semen mixes with those ripe chemicals to start dialation. your fine hon-just take it easy more now and drink alot of water.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it is possible that it could start labor btu if you have been doing this your whole pregancy and you doctor hasnt mentioned it then i doubt it. Your probably just having braxton hicks contractions or round ligament pain. Talk to you ob if you really feel like you could go into or are already inlabor. GL
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes it can happen if you try to do too much. That's part of the reason bed rest is treatment for it. Orgasms cause the uterus to contract so too much sex can trigger it. There are obviously other conditions and things to factor in, but it is possible.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If you are prone to preterm labor, these are things that your Dr will tell you to aviod. If you have had a very active and healthy pregnancy, you will be fine. Your body will tell you when to slow down.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i think that as long as you are healthy, your daily activities would be fine. starting to train for a triathlon would not be fine. :)

good luck mama!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i am a sahm with 4 kids. i have to be sure not to over do it! for me, i find emotional stress is a bigger trigger for cramps than the physical. i have had a preemie, and we do all we can to avoid that from happening again. i really limit my trips up and down the stairs. dh does the grocery shopping now, and he hauls laundry up and down the stairs too. the house is rarely tidy, but usually clean enough. i mop with a steam mop and vacuum rather than sweep the kitchen floor...i find it does a better job and it is less stress on the uterus. letting the house go until the new baby is one month old is a small price to pay for keeping baby and mama healthy and strong. taking it easy that first little while after the baby is born is very important for your health and longevity!
    good luck mama! listen to your body, eat right and drink enough water too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• As long as you have no history of preterm labor you should be fine if you LISTEN to your body. I was a SAHM to a very active almost 2 year old when I had my second and DH loves the pregnant body :) I had my second at 5 days early and my first at 10 days early.
    Anonymous

• As long as you've had a healthy active pregnancy with no known risks for preterm labor then it's ok to stay at your regular pace- I wouldn't increase your activities, but your body will tell you when its time to slow down... If you feel ok -then its ok

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 1:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010