religious prosecution?

Was reading the paper this morning, and read this article, it was on the front page of the city and regions section. I found the sorry was nothing more that religious prosecution from a church toward Pagans and Satanists. I think the author of the story made this appear like some sort of hate crime against the church, and based purely on misguided opinions are going on a "witch hunt" over some silly flowers. What's your opinions on this story? Do you feel this is a "witch hunt"? Do you feel the paper and/or the church has the right to point fingers with so little facts? clickable link below:
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/29/1002471/mystery-deepens-as-church-gets.html

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon I came to it because I have studied and looked into paganism, as well I know plenty, and they are nothing like you describe. The difference in us, and you me saying mean things to you is I don't claim to be perfect nor do I spu un true things about ones religion to be hurtful. I also don't use god to justify what I say. I know I shouldn't be mean, but what can I say you bring out the best in me.:)

By the way it is attacks on other RELIGIONS and PEOPLE WE DEEM SINNERS, as well as a superiority complex that gives Christians a bad name.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Looks like they know nothing of Paganism if they think we would do a ritual at a church not to mention material that is Christian as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I think it is a good ole Witch hunt.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• How lame.

"Ahhhh! Someone left me flowers! Call the police!"
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• WTF? Maybe someone who got married there is leaving those things in remembrance of a spouse who has died, or something!
    To immediately jump to "Pagans did it!" is absurd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yeah, sounds like somebody at the church is trying to start trouble. What's to say that it wasn't one of the church members doing it themselves?
    Back home we used to have neighbors that would find one of their cows (we were in Montana) way out in the field looking like it had been ritually killed. I won't go into detail, cuz it would really be tmi...but all the blood was drained...but none was present at the site. There was also evidence of candles having been burned in a circle, the grass didn't leave any tire tracks either. Didn't happen a lot, but often enough to be weird. I wasn't a practicing Pagan in those days, so I have no clue if it coincided with any Sabbats or specific moon phases.
    Now THAT was weird! As far as I know, they never find out who might have done it. It was like 30 yrs ago.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Really? Pagans use Chocolate, Roses and Wine in a ritual? well I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter but I might start that one!!!!! YUMMY!!!! Oh, wait.... isn't that called Valentines Day?

Yeah, Really, All I can say is WOW Which Witch Hunt? I didn't know those items were excusive!!!!!

They (Pastor+) need to get a life!!!!

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• well all the items are Christian :)

A local pagan, who declined to let her name be used, said the incidents were unlikely to have been related to pagan or satanic rituals because all the items left were based in Christianity.

hahaha funny because on CM it seems as if everything Christian came from pagans. LOL
    Anonymous

• however, according to the article, the local pagan interviewed DOES believe these incidents, which all happened on days with pagan significance, is harassment.

“Whoever is doing this [harassment] is wrong. Can’t we all just get along?”

or at least that is what the article says
    Anonymous