around what week of pregnancy can a doctor/midwife tell (or guess!), by palpating your belly, the position of your baby?

i had an ultrasound at around 24 weeks, and my baby boy was head down but i know he could have flipped 100 times since then. i'm 27 weeks now and i have a prenatal appointment this week, and was wondering if my midwife might be able to guess the baby's position.

i'm just curious at this point, because i know he can still change his position many many times in the coming months.

i have a 2.5 year old some but i can't remember when the midwife started being able to say what was what in there by feeling my belly.

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She should be able to tell around now if you are very slender already. I am bigger and they couldnt tell until closer to 32-35 weeks. Try spinningbabies.com they have a baby mapping section, it is really cool to figure it out on your own, and then you can try and tell what is kicking you, where the elbows, arms, and legs are at. Pretty cool.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my midwife found my baby's head two weeks ago at 28 weeks. the visit before that was 24 weeks, and she couldn't quite tell yet.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2010