being a better wife

Do you ever do anything special to try to be a better wife for you husband, or SO? My husband works so hard, and does it all for us. I do appreciate him, but I wonder if I show/tell him that enough. He works crazy hours so I can be a SAHM, and we have 4 kids, he is a wonderful dad. Everything he does is for us.

What do you do for your husband/so to show you really appreciate him?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I use to before he became such a grouch and talking down to me.

when he changes his attitude, I will start again.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• lol, I know how you feel! We have had those moments too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't think I go above and beyond. I make sure the house is clean, dinner is made, kids are happy. As long as I allow him to play his video games without my complaining and have cold Pepsi in the fridge for him, well, then he's a happy camper.
    I used to buy him little gifts and stuff or tuck notes into his lunch (when I used to pack it) but he doesn't seem to appreciate little gestures like that so I stopped.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I just try to do a good job around the house and make sure everything is the way he likes it, if he has a preference. I let him do the things he wants to do when he gets home, whether it be video games or extra work. I try to make sure he isn't bothered while he's busy, and I don't nag him about the trash, even if it's been sitting there for a few days. I listen to anything he has to say; I rub his back as he's falling asleep; I help him out with his work if he needs it...anything I can think of.
    Anonymous

• I try to give mine what he needs to be happy. My husband wants to be accepted for who he is/ adored and loved, he wants to know what I want/need without drama so he can give it to me, and he likes food and sex. He wants consistancy. So I work to give him these things everyday.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I keep his house clean, I keep him fed well and I keep his penis down. LOL

Also I make sure dinner is ready, I pack his lunches for work and send little notes in them, I make his favorite cookies or dessert, I rub his back or feet. You get the idea
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• once and a while i will get up at the ass crack of dawn and make muffins for him and all his co-workers speaking of i should start doing that again its been awhile and the first day i stopped i got yelled at lmfao not by hubby by his boss, i dropped him off at work and his boss came out and was like where are the muffins i was like i didnt make any today he yell WTF (clearly he didnt say W-T-F he said the real words lol) then he was like well shit lol i was laughing lol but hey hubby got the promotion BEFORE i stopped making the muffins lol maybe i do need to start making them again hubby could use a raise lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2010