recently my skin has become more fragile...

Within the past month my skin as become very fragile (for lack of a better word). Things that wouldn't normally damage skin, breaks mine right open. Example, bumping into the couch scraped up my leg, bumping my hand off of things cause my knuckles to break open and bleed. I wake up with huge scratches all over my shoulders, back, and legs and I have very short, non-sharp nails and toenails. Also, a lot of the time I get bruises around the places that break open. My skin, and especially my lips have been increasingly dry regardless of the amount of moisturizer I use or the amount of water I drink. I've also started breaking out a lot on my face and shoulders and I never really have before.

So anyways, other than going to the doctor, do you have any advice or knowledge on the subject?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• Def go to the dr... period. This could be something very innocent like a vitamin deficiency, or as serious as cancer. Chances are it's nothing big, but better safe than sorry. Make sure they do a CBC w/ differential and a Thyroid check. Good Luck
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The only time I've ever encountered anything like that was with my grandmother. Her skin is much the same, little things that you wouldn't think would damage will break her skin right open. But she's also fairly old, and has had a lot of chunks of her skin removed due to skin cancer. I agree with Luvmylittlemonkies, go to the doctor and get checked out.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The problem may be what's in your moisturizer. Does it contain mineral oil? Your body can't process mineral oil. It sits on top of your skin & masks the problem. Try a mineral oil free lotion like Shea Butter. Then a beeswax lotion bar to seal it in & protect your skin.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010