In place of a sage smudge stick.....

is there anything else that can be used? I don't have the money to go buy a smudge stick and I really need something that's good and cleansing for my house.

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 12:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Incense?
    Anonymous

• Sandalwood incense works great. If you're really in a pinch, and have some bottled sage for food seasoning, you could put some on a burn safe surface and light it. Blow it out and walk around with the smoke flowing around the house.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i have heard of using a white candle and a chant in each room to cleanse
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Incense is a good substitue. Of course, if you find the right store, you could get mini smudges. I've seen those for a good price. They don't last as long, but they work nicely in a pinch.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• A little sage oil in a spray bottle filled with water.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was going to say sage oil spray as well... If you can't afford Sage Oil, buy some Sage (usually available at any supermarket with fresh herbs) and make Sage oil (message me if you want to know how) and then use that. You can also use the "smoke" of a white candle (pillar is best)... OR use your besom (if you have one) to sweep the negative energy out the door!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You really don't need anything to do a spiritually cleansing for anything. All these objects are just props, so anything can be substituted. If you want to try something else, go for it.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've used some sage tea, a bit of lemon juice and salt added to a spray bottle to spritz around when doing a mini cleanse once. I had a smoke detector in a place that was so picky I had to close the kitchen door just to make toast!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sage (from the grocery spice aisle) and vigin olive oil placed together in an oil burner. Preferably one that can be carried. Light a candle underneath and carry this thru the house, rather than an incense or smudging stick.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Saltwater.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010