Why Would People Claiming To Be Christian Do This?

ADRIAN, Mich. - Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest were charged Monday with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement people, federal prosecutors said.

There is a lot more to this horrible story via link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 12:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• FULL STROY HERE

I just don't understand it. I know there are nut balls in every religion. That's not the point of THIS topic. I want to know why many Christians, who claim to be about peace and love, go out and do this stuff? Especially toward law enforcement. I know these people have twisted what the real teachings of Jesus were. I want to know WHY.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• A lot of terrible things have been done in the name of religion. It isn't always the religion. Some people just like to take things too far, and they use the name of God to do it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• key word militia.... I'm not for that kind of behavior and neither is God. Please understand this is not a representative of all Christians, just more of the extreme kinds. They may believe in God and Jesus and Holy Spirit but are misguided.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Because those particular people are crazy. More cult like. They are led by a false prophet claiming to be a Christian, a beliver of God. There are many false prophets out there. It is satans way of working.
    Anonymous

• It only goes to show how everything in extremes can turn rotten.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Anyone can claim to be a christian. Crazy people come in all shapes and sizes. Personally I find it sickening. Add to that all other "christians" who think it's OK to make violent attacks at abortion clinics, the weird group who protests at military funerals, and people who are confrontational and yell things like "god hates gays" All a bunch of sickos.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I just saw that on the news... It doesn't really matter what religion they are. There is no religion that condones violence like that - NONE! But as we know, most people ignore that part of their faith.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have to agree with BlooBird. Very well stated.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My husband posted this on facebook. As Shaneagle777 pointed out, they are extremists. There are extremists in most every religion, including Christianity. Sad but, unfortunately, true.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• ok you want to know WHY..
    I believe they are misguided but it goes further than that, many of these people DO not understand God's love, do not believe they themselves are loved and still have hatred in their heart. Many have had bad experiences with people of authority and do not understand in their heart the gift of forgiveness and the power of God's love. Many understand in their head but do not have an understanding in their heart and therefore do not walk in it. Many choose not to understand as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010