Freaking out

So I went to the eye dr about 6 months ago.... after having my son my vision has gotten worse, I found out I'm nearsighted... I thought I was going blind because I see heat wave looking stuff and my vision seems to be getting worse. He assured me that I'm not.... could he be wrong or am I just freaking out for no reason?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• He's a trained professional. I'd just calm down and trust him. If not, then get a second opinion.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Get some new glasses. You should be fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Have you been tested for Diabetes? High blood sugar levels over time can cause sudden changes in vision that some optomologists may not automaticaly look for (because they assume your doctor has...or they are simply smaller operations like the wal-mart vision center)! I'd ask for a blood work up that includes an A1c just to check for diabetes just to be sure. Diabetic Retinopathy can eventually lead to blindess if not treated...

Of course it can be any number of things or nothing at all, so I'd definately look into it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010