Anyone else have a friend who is a copy cat?

I have a friend who seems to copy everything that I do or want to do. I said that I wanted to get a certain type of camera, she got one. I am dieting, now all of a sudden she's eating the same diet meals that I do, but she says that she does it because she likes the taste of them. If I join a group on CM, she'll join too but won't take part in the group. I think she just likes to see what things I'm talking about. Like, keeping tabs on me. She constantly compares our kids. If one of my kids does something new, she'll start working like crazy to get her kid to do the same thing. It's annoying and makes me want to end our friendship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Look at her shake you head and know you did it first.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes I have one of those. Everything I get she has to get. What bothers me the most, I think, is she is older than me. So it makes me think either I have old person taste or she is trying to be younger. lol
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But It still drives you nuts.

My MIL use to do it to me and it drove me crazy.

I had a girl at one job, that would do everything I did and I just felt sorry for her.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My sister used to be this way. I think it is because she is really insecure and if I did it first, she knew she could too. really the only thing to do is to stop telling her things about what you are doing. I personally would feel bad that she is so unhappy with herself that she feels she has to live your life.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• One of my friends went through a phase like that with me when we were younger. She has since grown up alot and gotten married and now that she's more secure and confident about her own life, she doesn't do this anymore.
    Anonymous

• this is supposed to be the best form of flattery!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My college roommate was like that. I was get a new outfit, she would ask where I got it and then a couple days later have the same thing. It was really annoying! We aren't friends anymore because I couldn't handle her constantly trying to do everything I did. I just distanced myself gently.

Answer by missanc at 2:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010