not sure what i want to study!

i just passed my G.E.D and im looking forward on going to college soon,but my biggest problem is that i dont know what i want to study.im really intrested on working as a real estate,is there any subject in college that you study to be a real estate?or i would like to work with money?what would you advice me?is there like a counselor for free that can help me decide?i live in boston MA.thabks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in

• I wouldn't waste the money on school if you don't know what to do, figure that out first.
    Anonymous

• I would check things out a bit. The jobs everyone promised would be there for me when I finished, weren't. As a matter of fact, a lot of the schools in our area are having cut backs and closings. It's scary out there.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The first two years you don't have to declare a major bc so many people don't know what they want to do when they begin college. Almost all courses have the same basic requirements, english, math, history, science, so you can take those the first two years and figure it out. yes they have free counselors at all colleges. I'd also ask them where you can go to take an aptitude test. Those help tell you what fields you'd be best in and they offer suggestions of what jobs you would be better suited for. Sometimes the unemployment office offers them but you can ask the guidance counselor at the school you have chosen. Make sure to file for your FAFSA financial aid.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Actually ladies going to college can help her figure it all out. She'll be exposed to more fields of study on a campus than she would out in the world going from job to job.
    Anonymous

• I know the feeling! Im 26 & am wanting to go to school (online college) but Im CLUELESS! My family is important so my career has to be flexible for my family :( Its NOT easy at all!
    Since Ive been out of school so long, I dont even know what Im good at any more.. everything I look into seems like it would be too hard & I already feel like Im just going to have to "re-do highschool" .... So if anything get in college, dont wait around or you will start to forget everything you have learned & have to relearn it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Economics or business..Maybe even majoring in finance.. I'd suggest just taking the gen ed classes first and getting a feel for college.

I haven't had this problem. I knew I wanted to teach health/sex ed since I got pregnant.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Even if you don't know what you want to do, start college, there are a lot of general ed credits that you need to take before starting on your major. Talk to a counselor at a local college for help in career counseling and testing. They will be able to help you find areas that you are interested in and have an aptitude for. I am 38 and FINALLY figured out what I wanted to do, career wise. I am in the process of completing my AA in Human Services and a certificare in Drug and Alcohol counsleing. I want to counsel adolescents who have drug and alcohol addictions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You don't have to go to college for real estate. You take real estate classes. It won't get you a degree, but it will get you a real estate license.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2010