teething!

ok so my daughter is driving me nuts haha jk she is drooling, being fussy, feverish and i think thoes are all the signs of a teething baby!!!...what is the best thing to giver her for the pain?...keep in mind i have already tried tylenol

MamaD620

Asked by MamaD620 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol didn't do much for my son either, except for the feverish parts. We were told over & over to get the tablets...so we finally did. Works wonders! He'll still get a little fussy, but not nearly as bad & he'll smile & play a lot more too (meaning he's not in as much pain). Try to avoid Ora-jel though, the liquid numbing solution can cause numbing in their throats which can lead to choking & a desensitized gag-reflex.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I also use teething tablets. My son got his first two teeth at the same time, when he was 4 1/2 months old and they work great. He is teething again, and I used them about an hour ago and he just fell asleep! try them out you will like them!
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i used teething tablets, and orajel directly on her gums. i also wet a wash cloth and froze it and instead of using a brush or the finger thing for her teeth, i used a wet washcloth.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• wet and frozen wash cloths are a good idea. teething rings, those spinning tooth brushes work sometimes too :)
    i do not use tylenol or motrin. i think it is very bad for their little livers :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• thanks ladies!!..are the teething tablets humphrys?
    MamaD620

Answer by MamaD620 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure my brand of tablets, but I got them at Walgreens (they were the only tablets there). I've heard most brands work the same...but stick with the tablets & not the droplets (they didn't do anything for our son at least).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010