Do you get your kids Easter outfits every year?

I don't think we will this year. Money is tight and were only having dinner at home. But I see all the adorable Easter outfits at the stores and I so want to buy them! But there is no other reason to buy them than to be dressed up to eat at home.
Do I buy them or don't I? What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• i got a cute shirt and pants. shes going to wear it for the egg hunt, and she will be able to wear it after because its more spring-ish instead of easter.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have only done it once, it was the only time we went somewhere for Easter, otherwise we normally stay home, we dont have family close by. The kids still get to do egg hunts but without the dressing up part.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We don't, but sometimes the outfits are sooo cute I want to. We generally do not go to church, so I can not see spending $75 or more on outfits that they will ruin during the egg hunt and lunch afterward.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• nope, I've never even gotten him one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If we where staying home, I would just dress them in something nice they already have! No need to waist the money, especially if money is tight..
    If you really just HAVE to buy them something, get something that can be easily worn again, like a nice spring dress/outfit..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we usually do, but last summer we went to a wedding, and the kids are wearing those clothes again. my youngest has outgrown his shirt and tie, so he will get a new shirt...and still wear a short tie :) we wore last years easter clothes to church yesterday for palm sunday. the kids looked so nice i wanted to take them to get pictures done :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We're getting easter pictures done this year so yeah I'm buying him and me one. Mine is a dress that will be worn more than the one time. My mom is making a vest for him to wear with his Christmas slacks and the white shirt. So really, all we bought for him was the fabric. My mom is making it so he can wear it more than once because it'll be adjustable.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes - I buy my kids new Easter outfits every year, dresses for my daughter and dress shoes, shirts with pants and shoes for my boys. But we go to church, so it's something they can wear to church all spring/summer.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I only got my son a Easter outfit for his first Easter and the outfit said on it my first easter but after that my son just wear t shirt or jeans.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010