i have a dentist question

yesterday my son was playing around in the house and he started running and not paying attention and his father was on the floor with his legs up and my son ran right into his dads knees and pushed his teeth into his gums. he started crying and bleeding. a couple of minutes later the bleeding stopped and he seems to be okay but i need to know if i need to take him to the dentist? his never been to one yet so i have to find one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Im not a "call the doc" happy person but if his teeth were seriously pushed up into his gums then yes, I would take him to the doctor. He can actually cause a tooth to "die" if it gets bumped hard enough
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• He really should be going to the dentist on a regular basis by now anyway assuming he is 3-4 years old. Look for a pediatric dentist if you have one in your area that takes your insurance if applicable. Some dentists don't see kids at all and some can be very scary for little ones. Also the perks tend to be great at pediatric dentists. They have so many flavors of paste and flouride to choose from and they always send us home with a goody bag with new brush, some tooth paste, floss, stickers, and a bunch of other stuff. I think it would cost more than the co-pay if I were to buy that stuff in a store.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Agree with Jaydin. Being pushed back like that could have actually broken the roots off which will cause the teeth to turn gray. Take him in and get an X-ray. Better be safe than sorry.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010