Pregnant and stressed....can I drink a glass of wine?!?!?

No, I'm not a lush,lol.
I just am in the mood for a nice,sweet stress relieving,relaxing glass of wine.
Is that bad?
I don't want to get drunk or anything. I just want a glass of wine!!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? i think the further along you are the less harmless it would be. dr's used to tell women to do this. i was having a bad time with contractions with my twins and tried a bath and a glass of wine, but before the bath was ready my boys jumped in, and then the wine did not taste good at all, so dh drank it! everyone else relaxed, so then i did too:)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• im not sure..but why risk it?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You can have one glass of wine occasionally, not everyday! If you know you can stop at one, then have one. If you won't be able to stop then don't even have the one. And make sure it is a small glass, not a huge one.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• how about a nice bath with some candles and soothing music thats what i did when i was stressed ,and wanted to smoke a cigarette...didnt smoke the whole time i was pregnant and that way you dont run the risk of hurting your baby =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm more concerned with your desire to drink a glass of wine because you're stressed. Why not take a warm NOT HOT bath or something?
    Anonymous

• A single glass of wine probably isn't going to impact your baby. But I think that you should think twice about allowing yourself to self-medicate using alcohol during pregnancy. There are much healthier ways to deal with stress.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sure you CAN, but you CAN also do drugs, go bungee jumping, all sorts of things. Everything you do during pregnancy has consequences, and as someone who works with kids with FASD (fetal alcohol spectrum disorder) to me even one glass of any type of alcohol is not worth the risk.

And I have to wonder if all the people who think that one glass of wine is okay, do you also think that a beer or a shot of liquor is okay? Because in terms of alcohol content they're all pretty much the same. A 6oz glass of wine, a 12oz beer and a 1 1/2oz shot of hard alcohol have the same alcohol content on average. So if that glass of wine is alright, then so should a rye and coke or a Bud ... right?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I did it. And because I never drank when I was pregnant...ONE glass of whine actually got me drunk lol.
    Its fine. Even your doctor will tell you it's okay to have the occasional glass of whine
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt. some people say its okay, but i would not do that. no way.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Have a glass of wine...you can even take a HOT bath. You would feel uncomfortable and get out long before you'd raise your core temperature. Americans tend to be overly anal about pregnancy. Paying attention to your diet and getting some exercise is far more important than thinking your doing great because you abstained from a glass of wine.  Google myths on pregnancy..its funny how much crap people just eat up...like if you eat pineapple you will go into labor.

Anonymous