vbac verses c-section ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Could you be more specific? I had a repeat c because my son was only 4 months when I got pregnant with our 5th child. So the doc pretty much insisted I have a repeat c. I would have gone for a vbac had I been given the medical option. The only thing I don't like about C-sections is that they take the baby before it is ready...I am not into induction either unless medically necessary...but that is my own personal prefference.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• VBAC is always better than a c-section.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• There are too many variables for this question. It is not that simple as _____ vs _______. It would depend why the c-section was performed in the first place, the direction of the cut, how many c-sections the woman has had etc.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• VBAC, even if you just try and still end up with a c-section at least you know your baby was ready to enter the world. Plus with VBACs you generally have less interventions. At least in my experience.
    Anonymous

• VBAC is not always better. That is an asinine statement. Every situation is different.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It all depends, of course. I still hope for VBAC, but if my next baby ends up breech w/ low fluid again, that's not going to be possible!
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have heard the biggest risk factor is if you had an up and down cut and / or are having the baby within 2 years. Otherwise, vbac seems to typically be a safer option. It depends. ICAN has info on that, including who shouldn't have one!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Depends on your situation. I did a repeat C because DD was in the same face up position as DS and I was given a 40% of success with a VBAC. I could not see putting my self through labor and pushing and a c all at once again. I was in labor for 36 hours with DS 4 hours of pushing and a c-sec. I was so sore from head to toe I couldn't enjoy my son. a 60% chance of doing that again was not good odds IMO. I was glad I chose what I chose.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• *40% chance of a vaginal delivery. sorry that was a dumb mistake huh?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• What exactly is the question? Majority aren't able to even make the final decision of a Vbac because of their previous C-section.
    Anonymous