is flax seed good for you and if so what do you mix it with

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• Yes, its very good for you. I sprinkle it on just about whatever I make, salads, mix it in pasta, fajitas, sprinkle over cereal....you really don't know its there.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The best thing I've ever done with flax seed is put it in pancake mix.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It is very good for you, but if you do not want to deal with the seed buy it in oil form and have a tablespoon everyday, that is what I do.

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I like to use it as an egg substitute in cookies and other baked goods. I replace 1 Tablespoon of flax seed and 3 Tablespoons of water per egg.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You can add ground flax seed to just about anything. You can buy the oil & cook with it or use it in salad. You can also get the oil in capsule form & just swallow it. It is full of Omega 3's. Most people do not eat enough fish & nuts to get the omega's that they need for healthy brain function.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i also use it to batter chicken fingers. i dip the ckn in egg, ground flax seed, then panko bread crumbs. i grew some flax plants last year, but it was a lot of work getting to those tiny seeds:)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You have to crush or grind the flax seed to get the benefits from it, our body can not break down the seed itself. Once crushed or ground you can use it on anything and everything. Really great for roughage-fiber, cleaning your colon and insulin control.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010