What would you do? Keep or sell baby things...

Baby #3 is 8 months old. We are planning on waiting at least 3 if not 4 years before we start ttc for #4. So would you sell your baby items (high chair, bouncy seat, exersaucer, moses basket, swing...) or just find a place to store it? Right now as dd grows out of things we could use the money but that means we will just have to buy them again later. I know I am also torn about selling them because I am sentimental. These are things all my babies have used. I think that is my biggest reason for not selling. Then I also think that as soon as I sell them we will get pregnant even though we are not planning it! lol Anyway, what would you do or what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• For me, every time I would get rid of my maternity clothes or baby gear, I would end up pregnant. So now, I just keep everything,lol.
    Anonymous

• Eventually you are going to need the space. You can't save everything (believe me I tried lol) My kids are just over 2 years apart and I sold almost everything but clothes between them. If your family is anything like mine they will buy just as much for baby 2 as they did for baby 1. Plus I'm sure you've figured out by now what was most useful to you and what wasn't. I'd start with that and work from there. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• I'd keep the big things. That's what I did. I got rid of his crib but just because he never slept in it. I'd get rid of the clothes you aren't attached to. I kept his bouncer, swing and exersaucer.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I would keep the bigger items and get rid of the rest.

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We get rid of things that can't easily be bought on craigslist (moses basket, for example). You can pick up the rest cheap.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Find the room to store things. Ask family to help. Think of all the cash you will save. I love to reuse things. Recycle.
    Anonymous

• dd is 2 and I got rid of baby toys... we're getting ready to move so I have to get rid of some of the clothes and a basenett (sp) If you have the space and still want another baby, i'd hold onto half the stuff. Like the swing, crib, and other essentials or big expensive items!
    Anonymous

• I'd keep the more expensive stuff. We were planning on waiting around 4 years after we had our son to have another. Lo and behold, he's 2 and I'm 14 weeks prego! I'm so glad we kept most of our stuff.

And in the very least, you might have a friend or family member who gets pregnant sooner that could borrow the stuff for a while.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Id donate the clothes and stuff like swings/bouncy chairs. Id keep the furniture for the next child.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i always give or sell my baby things. then i get pregnant again! this time we are keeping everything...and i may even bf until this baby is 10 :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010