The Best Rear-Facing Toddler Car Seat?

what is the best rear-facing toddler car seat? I plan on my son being rear-facing until he turns 3 years old. Thanx

Kimra

Asked by Kimra at 1:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I like the MyRide 65 from Graco. It rear faces to 40 lbs and forward faces to 65!
    Anonymous

• I was also going to suggest the MyRide. I did a lot of research and wanted it badly, but it was too large for our BMW...:( That seat has GREAT reviews.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It really depends on how big your kiddo is right now.... I would look into the MyRide 65 because it has a 40 lb weight limit BUT it's not the greatest for really tall kids... a better choice then would be the TrueFit but it only rear faces to 35 lbs... but has a taller shell for those who are tall. IF you have it in your budget... I would say a better choice would be The Sunshine Kids Radian... it has a tall shell AND rear faces to 45 lbs!! BUT it doesn't fit well in all kinds of cars.
    SO research those seats and see what you think would work best for your child.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Small car - Britax Marathon/Decathlon (I absolutely HATE HATE HATE my Boulevard so I do not recommend it! lol). Big car/SUV - Sunshine Radian. Always test out at BabiesRUs. They have tester seats for a reason... not all car seats fit in all vehicles.
    Anonymous

• We went with the MyRide 65. Not only does it rear face longer than most, but then it has a decent forward facing harness. ITA with everyone else on testing in your car. We had a carseat for Naomi when she was first born that ended up not fitting in our van and we had to get another one. Most seats will work until 3 years, though, Lilly was able to rearface in her Scenera that long (it was our spare), although not in her Britax Wizard (the design of the head wings posed a safety risk as she kept putting her head outside of them and getting caught). Both Lilly and I liked the MyRide (she helped pick for her sister) better than the Britax Marathon--she said it wasn't as comfortable.

Take him to the store and see what he fits in best from your end list to decide from--BRU has a testing area along with a van bench in most stores.
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 6:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• MyRide 65 from Graco is great.
    yolaa

Answer by yolaa at 1:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2010