HELP! Can't get my 2 yr lod to sleep in his own bed. New Big biy bed.

I have a two in a half yr old. He has one of those 3 in one cribs. My husband made his crib into his toddler bed which we call his big boy bed. anyways he was so excited about it. but he is scared and wont sleep in it. He ended up sleeping in our bed for nap yesterday and last night he cried for an hour till he feel a sleep only to wake up and fall asleep in the hallway. HELP! not she what to do? do we out his baby bed back up or any hints to get him to sleep in his bed?

brooklyndm

Asked by brooklyndm at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't put the crib back up. My daughter was excited at first, then got scared. I took her shopping and let her pick out her own toddler bed set and let her pick out a night light. I also put a child proof thing on her door from the inside so she can't get out( her room is right next to mine and I can hear everything). Just be consistant and if he gets up put him back. If you let him into your bed he will realize if he cries enough he can get what he wants. Good luck and message me if you need any more advice!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010