vbac question?

ok so if i had my first son by emergency c-section because he was transverse i think thats the term well side ways and i got a 103 temp and then i had a scheduled c-section with my second they are three years apart. i am planning on one last baby in about four or five year not in a hurry but can i ask for a vbac? is there any way i can try for a vbac but if i cant do it they just give my a c-section? has anyone done this? how was the experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can always go for a VBAC. It's your birth and your choice. Do not let any doctor try and say it's not. Look at childbirthconnection.org
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it's good that you have plenty of time to plan. you can research which OBs or midwives in your area are truly supportive of VBAC.

ican international's website would be another great resource.

i actually had a friend who had a c-section because one of her twins was in a certain position... anyway, she planned a VBAC and ended up with another c-section.

i'm not saying that to discourage you at all but i do believe that in a few cases, c-section is the best choice. (usually vaginal is best imo though ;) ) so if you planned VBAC, had a supportive provider, and something happened (another transverse lie maybe), you could have a c-section.

good luck! i think VBAC would be great for you
    Anonymous

• my first 2 were c-sections but my last 5 were all vbacs including one baby who was 9'2 at birth. i gave 3 of them up for adoption so my profile shows just 3 and a newborn that i haven't posted pic of yet.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010