Preschool Screenings!

I was wondering what they look for? My daughter will be 3 in May and has her screening in 3 weeks and I am so nervous!!!!

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Preschools do screenings? That's nuts. A preschooler is a preschooler --- let them be kids & learn through play, if ya ask me.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I agree, but my daughter really needs to get in. She needs some structured activites with other kids.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Usually for a screening they just want to look at what they know. It is not usually to get in?
    grace2joy

Answer by grace2joy at 4:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Our school does the screenings mostly to cover/find the kids that need extra help-like my son, who needed speech therapy. His Preschool was free. My daughter, who didn't need any extra help, was on the "tuition" scale. Same class, same teachers, all together with the ones that needed help getting it. (They did physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior therapy.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010