What does breastmilk taste like?

I am currently breastfeeding but the thought of tasting it kinda creeps me out, lol. I know that it is healthy and made for humans and all but the thought of tasting something that my own body makes is just weird to me.

So...have you tried it or would you ever try it? And if you have, what does it taste like?

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 1:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it tastes like cereal milk (more specificly tastes like skim milk after frosted flakes.)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Never tried it ( on purpose)...Try and tell us what you think lol
    Anonymous

• It's kinda sweet...I'm not weirded out by it..
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It's watery, sweet, not much taste to it really... I guess it's pretty good, all 3 of our boys loved it,lol... I tried to get each one to take a bottle once in a while and they didn't like it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am not weirded out by it either. It is sweeter than cows milk. It tastes a hell of a lot better than formula.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I wish my Son would stop liking the taste of it.. I can't get him weaned!
    Anonymous

• It tastes sweet.I tasted it once out of curiosity but yeah, the thought grosses me out to but I wanted to see which tasted better, breast milk or formula because the formula smells awful,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yeah...it's sweet. My hubby loved it. He used to take a mouth full while we were having sex. He thought it was really hot lol. He liked it a lot.
    Anonymous

• AmaliaD described it perfectly!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Like young sweet coconut milk! Not the kind like you buy in a can at the store but the really fresh stuff off the tree. I wouldnt say Id drink a glass of it or anything but I dont mind the taste. I taste everything before I give it to my son. I know his taste buds are different but I like to know what Im giving him.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010