Who lives in Florida?

We are planning a trip to Florida over the summer and I have never been. We will be staying close to Disney World, and obviously, I want to try to go there. I'm noticing it is cheaper to buy 1 day, 1 park tickets for several days and just go to 1 park each day. We will probably not do the water parks. Is it worth seeing all 4 of the other parks? Does it take more or less than 1 day to see each park? My son will most likely get a disability line pass, so take into consideration less of a wait time than most have for rides.
Also, what else is in the area that is family friendly, fun and not over priced? Thank you!

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 1:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Travel

• It takes at least a day per park. My two favorite parks are the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios. Epcot is ok but the kids might not enjoy it as much. I haven't been to Animal Kingdom yet but it looks like fun. Don't forget Sea World and Universal Studios are here too. If you have AAA, you might be able to get discount tickets for the parks.
    While you are in Florida, I would suggest driving over to the beach. You would probably like Daytona - the beaches are different depending on where you go in Florida. I live in Vero Beach (1 1/2 hours SE of Orlando) the beaches where I am are really nice and Disney's Beach Resort is here. I would also suggest taking a day to visit St Augustine - it's the oldest city in the US and it's beautiful - the whole family woud enjoy it.
    Most importantly, make sure you wear sunscreen everyday and comfy shoes.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't try more than one park per day. Remember the lines will be long and there is a lot to see in each park. Prttymstng covered other spots there. Personally I think Sea World is over rated and not worth the money. Many of the attractions were closed when I went but I still had to pay full price. I didn 't care for it and neither did my kids. They didn't care for Epcot much either. We've never done the water parks and they've never asked to go. I hear the new Harry Potter attraction is open this year in Universal. Personally my family likes Universal studios better than Disney.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• thank you so much! We are from California, but live in Vegas now...we go back all the time though. We've been to Sea World out here and Unviersal Studios. Although I know they are different in FL, we probably wont spend our money on it out there. I also found instead of the Disney water parks, we can go to Wet n Wild and pay half price after 2pm and they are open until 9! It's super helpful to know you need 1 day for each park and that Epcot isn't really necessary because it is cheaper to buy 3 seperate 1 day, 1 park tickets than to buy 3 day park hopper tickets! Cheaper by a couple hundred dollars! When we go to Disneyland, we buy our tickets from travel agents on Ebay and save a ton! I didn't see much on there for Disneyworld........does anyone know trustworthy people that sell the tickets for cheaper like that?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Kissimmee Wal-Mart
    If you are driving or renting a car in Florida, here's another option: the Wal-Mart at 4444 W. Vine in Kissimmee - it's on 192 about 5 miles east of Disney's main entrance, one town over from Orlando, has a ticket center within the store that sells discounted multi-day Disney World tickets.

They do not carry every ticket type. You have to buy the tickets in person -- they will not mail them. I would recommend calling ahead at (407) 397-0090 or (800) 669-0913 to confirm prices, hours and availability.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I took my grandchildren to the Disney Parks in Feb. They preferred the Animal Kingdom. They are 9 and 4 years old.
    Just remember to get there early. The Animal Kingdom closes early.
    Kissimmee is the closest hotel area to the Disney Parks. You can only see one park per day.
    The best water park is Typhoon Lagoon.
    ARIESA

Answer by ARIESA at 4:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2010