when u broil a steak??

i havent broiled a steak in years..swear everytime i did there would be a small fire in my oven..from the steak fat spiting and hitting the broiler..its been so long i have forgotton everything...do u just broil the steak or cook it some what on the stove or in the oven first, then broil it..i want to make dh a really nice tender juicey dinner can u ladies please help me?....thank u so much xo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I used to use a cookie sheet and a wired rack before I got a broiler pan.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I always marinate it and pour the marinade juices over the steak, put it in a broiler pan, 15 minutes, turn it over, and cook for another 10 or so. Turns out pretty yummy for us. Thats actually a good idea for dinner tonight too, thanks for the suggestion!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I straight broil in the oven. Cut off excess fat and don't keep it too close to the Broiler.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I just broil it for a few mins on each side, turns out great every time! Be sure to use a broiler pan, top and bottom, to prevent spillage. I dont marinate steak only because I think a truly good steak can stand on its own flavour merits!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• lol ak....ok now when u all say broiler pan that means......could i use a cookie sheet with a wire rack on it? i dont think i have a broiler pan..
    Anonymous

• Put the steak on the gas grill. That is the best way to cook a steak. Or buy a Goerge Forman grill. I never broil anything. It makes the oven dirty.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010