Breaking News: Man Arrested for Threatening to Kill Eric Cantor

So much for anyone making these things up for political gain, huh?
No matter what party you run with, this behaviour is NEVER ok.
Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• that's crazy! All these craziness over this damn healthcare bill. Wonder how Obama is going to feel if sentors really do start getting killed over this. It's not going to change it but people are just plan nuts!
    Anonymous

• This will be one of many, good for the law! There is no room in this nation of ours for people like this!

Answer by older at 1:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Thats what we have been saying the WHOLE TIME!! That this is NOT just one party getting this crap! That  there are crazies on BOTH sides! And NO its NOT right either way it goes! I wanted proof from the guy that said the tea party people yelled the N word 15 times. Really?? He stood there and COUNTED AND there was NO proof. I dont believe THAT mess. But the threats...yeah...they happen up there ALL the time. The Dems on the hill are trying to make the opposing side look crazy and not credible. And its a big O load! Like you say....there are crazies on both sides and for them to get on TV and act like ONLY the right has crazies is disingenuous!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• That is sick. I hope they get all the warpos making threats. I don't like many in office but our power is in our votes.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Why are liberal wack-jobs trying to kill a Republican Congressman? Who knows? Just goes to show there are wack-jobs on all sides.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• That sucks! I'm so scared for people on both sides.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Well I'm glad they caught the guy. There's no excuse for threats and violence.

If Eric Cantor is a State Rep from Virginia, why was this guy from San Fransisco all fired up about him? Your link says that the statement was made on a You Tube video back in February. I am so confused... I guess it's a good thing to not be able to understand a mad man though right?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• must be some more low life's
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If Eric Cantor is a State Rep from Virginia, why was this guy from San Fransisco all fired up about him?

He's not a state rep, he's Virginia's rep in the House, one of the highest ranked elected members of the Party - in the same way that Pelosi is only elected from San Fran but has more power over her entire party.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010