what do other moms like to do when the kids are all in school.... ? all day ? ; )

sexeykittycalie

Asked by sexeykittycalie at 1:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine aren't in school but when they are I will probably throw a "happy party" for a week or so...napping, eating bonbons, going to the bathroom by myself, etc! OH I can't wait! lol
    Anonymous

• Oh... I am looking forward to those days! I know what I will do when my youngest goes to school. I will work in my studio making pottery.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I try to get my errands done early in the day, and then generally clean house. Watch movies, visit friends. Thats what I used to do anyway, we now have little ones again, and I can't wait for them to go to school! I miss haveing the days to myself.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm still waiting for these two to GO to school! lol The older one starts kindergarten in the fall, pre-k here is first come sign up, so we're still waiting to see if he's going to be accepted. Although they said there was no guarantee that if he does get in that it will be the same school his brother will go to, 5 blocks from here. WTF is up with that??
    In any case if he does go, it's only 3 hrs in the morning, if you want them in for the whole day...it's $55 a week. Which might be ok for some people, especially if they've already been doing daycare, but we haven't and can't afford an extra $200 a month. We did the older ones pre-k at home, so if needed we'll do the other one as well.
    If he does get in though?? For the first month I'm planning a shower and nap every single freaking morning!! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'm only home for 4 hours alone since my youngest is in half day kinder. Basically I take the morning to clean and do laundry. Sometimes I shop. Sometimes I sit here on CM, watch tv, etc. I'm really not too busy. My day doesn't really begin until the kids come home.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Well, with four kids at three different schools, there are times when I swear I'm never home by myself! They have different schedules, so spring breaks have all been different, etc. But on the weeks that they are actually all in school, I go to the store, clean, work on projects that don't get done when everyone's home because I get interrupted all the time (organizing the closets, etc). You know what's weird though? I still never get to go to the bathroom by myself. The cat keeps pushing the door open and decides to join me! What the heck it up with that?!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've been waiting for the day when they will all be in school for the last 14 years and haven't experienced it yet. I've got at least 2 more years before that will happen and with my luck I'll have a bc mishap before then!! I'm starting to think that day will never come but if it does I want to work with people who I don't have to ask every 15 min "do you have to make peepee or poo poo" and whose asses I don't have to wipe.
    Anonymous

• I take classes online. My youngest two aren't in school yet, so I have my hands full. I usually turn cartoons on first thing in the morning, so I can work on homework. After an hour or two, they get bored so we play outside, play with play-doh, color, etc until lunchtime. After lunch is naptime, so I try to get my homework done while they are sleeping, then spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning, doing laundry etc. I graduate in May, and luckily I have another baby due in June. Othewise I would probably be bored out of my mind after college ends.
    Shaye_e

Answer by Shaye_e at 2:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• When that happens this fall, I will go back to work. If I don't get my own class, I will sub teach. I can't stay home all day alone. I'll go insane.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010