Would you still take the kids to the sitter if you knew they were sick?

I started watching 2 kids ( brother/sister) ..I have had them for about 3 weeks now and ever since I have had them they have had runny noses and coughs ( I know that some kids just constantly have a runny nose) but they had green snot ( which is an indicator(sp) that something is up. So of course my kids got sick soon after I started watching them ( they hardly ever get sick) but I just figured I could take care of all of them...well like I said it is going on week 3 and they are still all sick -- but worse... they are like really hacking ( coughing) and really fussy. So i was telling the mom wehn she dropped them off this morning that tonight ( after they leave) that I am taking mine to the Drs and asked if she has taken them yet. She was like "Nah, they dont need to go, they probably just have strep or something" I think they have something mroe than strep, because if that was all, they wouldnt be *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• coughing and throwing up......I just dont know what to do because it has been constant for 3 weeks ! -- I am taking mine to the Drs so they can get better...but if her kids are going to stay sick, mine will just keep getting sick again.... so should I just say that I cant watch them until they are better?
    Anonymous

• Wow, I am a nanny as well and my boss is amazing when her kids are sick. This mother is an idiot. Just strep? Strep can turn to mono, or worse. Strep is very severe.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Uh, strep can be really serious. Untreated, it can spread and cause heart infections. You need to tell that woman to take her damn kids to the doctor and tell her you can't take them again until they've been diagnosed and treated.
    Anonymous

• I worked in a daycare, and the rules there were if the child has a fever of 101.5 they must be out till the fever is gone without the help of medicine. If they are running green noses or coughing they must be seen by a doctor before they come back. And the last rule is that if they throw up or have the runs 3 times they need to see a doctor before they come back.
    Anonymous

• When my son was in daycare a fever or green boogers was an automatic no-show. You were NOT allowed to bring them if they had either of those two ailments. You need to protect the other kids you watch and set up specific rules like this for parents.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I call my babysitter first, and give her the symptoms, and the option to not come. She usually comes anyway, but once declined due to diarrheah (I didn't blame her one bit!!!!).
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sorry, but refuse to watch them until she gets them checked out by a doctor. Untreated Strep can become Scarlet Fever which in turn can be Rhuematic Fever which affects the heart.

You need to protect your children, if nothing else.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010