Behavior Issues

Ever since birth, my child has been a high needs baby. He is the kind of child who will cry for 4 hours straight. My doc is not helping, just thinks it is becasue he is in the 5% for his measurements. He is a healthy, food friendly child. He eats broccili, asparagus, fruit, dairy, grains, protien, ect. WTF does eating have to do about his behavior anyway? Someone has to be the 1% & someone has to be the 100%. His behaviors have manifested into hitting, tantrums, biting, arching back, headbutting, kicking, EVERYTHING. Is there possibly anyone out there who has a child who has a bad temper. If so, what are some goals I can set to give him boundries. He is the most stubborn person I know. And I am going to needs some strong tactics to break this little boy and build him back up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he? If he's young he's doing that stuff because he can't communicate how he's feeling.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Maybe it IS about what he's eating. If he is crying that long something is hurting him. Have you gone to a child nutritionist? Maybe he's allergic to something or gluten is tearing up his stomach/digestive tract. I'd hit too if I was constantly in pain and the person feeding me stuff that hurt me kept making me hurt. He's trying to communicate with you not trying to be a bad boy. Get the child help. See a nutritionist or one who deals with child food allergies.
    Anonymous

• So your doctor thinks the problem is because you child is small for his age? That sounds crazy!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Op here- I know it sounds crazy. BUt what anon says is possible, PBS says the brain is affected by the digestive system. So he's going in for a weight check (bleh) and hopefully will refer him to an allerist or behavioral doc. If not, im switching docs.
    Anonymous

• BTW hes 17 months
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I don't think it's a behavioral problem. I think he's just trying to tell you something's wrong or he's not happy. I hope they don't try and put him on meds.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• he may be having a hard time communicating...try teaching him some sign language...also, he may have an underlying food allergy, most likely to wheat gluten, if he is acting the way you say he is...get him tested for allergies...my cousin who is 4 is allergic to wheat and whenever he eats even a little bit he starts acting like a maniac!!!
    Anonymous

• thanx for all your advice. I am getting that boy in asap for an exam. Poor baby MUST be in pain =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2010