abnormal uterine bleeding-perimenopause. nurses help??

Here we go.
I am in perimenopause, 49 y/o. Only other medical problem is crohns. No meds, no problems or flareups.

I have been missing every other month or so, followed by one long period-nothing bothersome. 10 days, mix of light and heavy bleeding, then gone.

This month, it's different. It won't stop. It stops for a day, then comes back, and over the last three days it has been very heavy, one super tampon every 3 hours, at one point, much more, like one per hour for about 3 hours. The heaviest is gone, but it it still heavy and show no signs of stopping soon.
I am taking multivit with iron, eating greens, taking aleve every 8 hours, anything to try to get the bleeding stopped.
Here's the hard part. I have no insurance. So----what do I do? How long should I wait? Will the ER do anything? I cannot take time off work for appointments, or I will have no pay, AND no insurance....but I can't bleed for another 30 days!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• The only thing I know is you can call a Hospital & ask to speak to a head nurse.Or there is a spot on the computer you can google up nurses who awnser questions & get help.
    Anonymous