Getting DS out of my bed!

I'm trying to get DS out of our bed and into his crib. I was thinking about getting in the crib with him to transition him and get him used to sleeping in his crib. Has anyone tried this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well the crib would probably break if you climbed into it, it's not meant to hold the weight of an adult. You just have to start trying to put him down into his crib for naps and build up into it. You may be able to put him in it once he falls asleep in the bed. It can be a hard habit to break....I learned that with my son, which is why with my daughter she went into her crib from day one
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Teaching kids to soothe themselves to sleep can be tricky. We used a two way radio and video monitor. We started by watching him on the monitor. When he would start to get up (he was two) or fuss, we would soothe him and talk to him over the radio. That way we could talk with him without going in! LOL It worked like a charm.
    Anonymous

• You in the crib? Probably not a good idea...certainly not comfortable.

There's a GREAT article on drjaygordon.com on how to transition baby. It takes time but it works.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Well it's not especially comfortable but its not terrible either. I'm not a very big person. I took extra precautions so that the crib does support my weight. And it seems to be working as a transition tool. He slept in there by himself the whole night last night! Thanks for the comments, ladies!
    Anonymous