are dizzy spells when pregnant dangerous ? what can be the reason ?

Im 34 weeks pregnant and i have been getting alot of dizzy spells and i have no idea why . one minute i feel fine and the next i feel dizzy and nauses . i had never felt like this with my first son . should i be very conserned ?

i am very conserned that this might happen to me when im at home alone with my son while their father is at work and i will be helpless .

pamelatipton25

Asked by pamelatipton25 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's always best to check with your doctor to make sure everything is fine. I had dizzy spells all throughout my last pregnancy. Some dizziness is normal as your body is pumping more blood during pregnancy than normal. However, extreme dizziness to the point of fainting could be a serious issue. I have low blood pressure and that's what caused the bulk of my issues but everyone is different. It could be caused by any number of things.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Normal Im not sure but I am 36 weeks pregnant and around week 32 or 33 I started getting so dizzy that when I would walk around the house I felt like I was about to just fall over. I almost felt like somone injected me with drugs all the sudden and everything just because still, very scary to the point my husband had to come home from work and watch our 3 yr old. My doctor prescribed me medicine for it and the dizziness went away. I didnt get it any more after a couple of days but not that Im 36 weeks I notice it trying to come bck but I always have that medicine to help me. Ask your doctor about it and see what he suggest.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i really can't imagine that being normal at all. maybe common? but not normal. i see my chiropractor weekly, and i do know that subluxations of the neck can cause dizziness. eye problems can cause dizziness, and blood pressure issues can cause dizziness. i am sure there is a lot more too. talk to your doctor about this for sure.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• blood sugar dropping can cause dizziness too. do you eat every two to three hours?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010