Is it normal?

Is it normal for a teething baby to not eat as much? My DD is super clingy, fussy, chewing up a storm, running a lowgrade fever and she's not eating all that much the past 2 days.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, that all sounds pretty normal for teething. Get some teething tablets. They are a life saver.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yep... would you want to eat if your mouth hurt?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yeah totally normal. My son is teething...and usually he eats about 32oz of formula a day...and the other day he only had 13oz. He wasn't really up for eating much. And they also get real sleepy too...so expect that as well.
    Anonymous

• yup mine ate less for a couple days, then back to normal, that was always another way I knew it passed for now.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes. Not sure how old she is or if you've started solids, but if you have mine always like cold yogurt, applesauce or other chilled fruits - I guess it felt good on his gums.

Answer by missanc at 2:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• totally normal, my girl would scream at my boob like it was a microphone then just want to chomp on something cold
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010