How much water should I give my baby?

My twins are 7 mo old. We are going to be spending a lot of time outside this week, with Easter family events. Its going to be in the mid 80's here. I dont want to over feed them with milk. And Juice just makes me more thirsty so I was wondering if I should offer some water in there sippy cups to keep them hydrated. If how much should I give them?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 2:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• really they don't need water, they only need breastmilk or formula. and they certainly don't need juice at that age
    Anonymous

• you can give them 4-5oz a day or so...just make sure they stay in the shade and use sunscreen :) have fun
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Water is preferably over juice.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The 4 oz of juice is what the AAP says is the max. Breastfed babies need no water before 6 months. Since they are over 6 months they should be offered water by cup with their food. If they eat jar food rather than real food it has a lot of water in it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• lol, i would love to see someone try to give a 6 month old a cup...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2010