Question for teachers or substitute teachers

I am qualified to be a substitute teacher, and am considering applying for my sub. license--my question--it would not be worth it to me to find someone who can watch my son while I subbed. Especially since no one in my area charges hourly or daily--I would have to pay weekly even though there would be weeks when he was there once, or not at all. So..do you think there would be anyway at all, that the school district would allow me to sub and bring my 11 month old along with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no you would not be able to bring your child along.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Not a chance in "you know where"....sorry. They won't at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I figured as much. Just some wishful thinking.
    Anonymous

• Are there no "drop in" daycares you could use? Or what about a home based daycare or a friend who could do it on a casual basis? Try contacting other subs or teachers and see what they do. I know we have some subs who are only available on certain days or only for am or pm based on their daycare situations. But as for bringing your baby to school - not going to happen. It would be nice, but how effective would you be as a teacher (especially a sub) if your attention was divided between the class and your child? And how focused would the class be with a cute baby playing in the corner (or worse a screaming baby!)?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Nope, you cannot take your baby to work with you in this situation. Your focus has to be on the students, not your baby. Sorry.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010